INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Borough of Lewistown is accepting sealed Bids for the Borough’s Contract No. 2020-2. The bids are for the utilization and operations of the Rec Park Pool Concession Stand. Bids will be received at the Lewistown Municipal Building, 2 East Third Street, Lewistown, Pennsylvania 17044, until 5:00pm on April 13, 2020; and shortly thereafter, the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at the Council Meeting on April 13, 2020. The contract will then be considered for award at the public meeting of the Borough Council on April 13, 2020 at 5:30 PM at the Lewistown Municipal Building in the Council Chambers of 2 East Third Street, Lewistown, PA 17044 or all bids will be rejected.
All bids must be in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Bid for Borough of Lewistown”, bearing the name of the bidder and the Contract for which the Bid is being submitted. If the Bid is sent through the mail or other delivery system, the sealed envelope shall be enclosed in a separate envelope with the notation “BID ENCLOSED” on the face of it. Please mail bids to the Borough of Lewistown, 2 East Third Street, Lewistown, PA 17044, Attn: Borough Manager/Secretary.
The contract period will be for May 2020 to September 2020.
Bidding and contract documents which include the revenue and expense from the prior 5 years, may be examined at the Office of the Borough Manager, Lewistown Municipal Building, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Copies may be obtained only from the Office of the Borough Manager. A Bid shall be submitted only on the set of Bid Document forms separately furnished by the Borough of Lewistown.
The Borough of Lewistown reserves the right to reject any or all Bids; to waive any bidding irregularities, and to award the contract in the best interests of the Borough of Lewistown.
Borough Council of the Borough of Lewistown
By: Dianna Walter
Borough Treasurer/Finance Manager
UPDATE ON THE CORONAVIRUS
The Borough of Lewistown believes it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize the health and welfare of our residents, employees, business owners, and visitors while playing a constructive role in supporting local health officials and government leaders as they work through this virus.
Due to the Presidents Declaration of a National Emergency; the Governor’s Declaration of a Public Health Emergency, the County’s Declaration of a Disaster Emergency, and the Mayor’s Declaration of a Disaster Emergency, the Borough of Lewistown is taking the following actions until further notice:
- Borough offices along with the Lewistown Borough Police Department will be functioning; however, these buildings will be closed to the public effective immediately. All human to human contact with the public will be eliminated. We are still conducting services via mail, telephone, and email.
- Borough council and committee meetings will still be conducted; however, they will be conducted online. The public is still welcome to participate. A link will be provided and posted on our website as soon as it is available.
- The Borough is also suspending the mailing fees from now until the end of May for Refuse and Sewer payments. If the customer wishes to have the Borough mail their tags to them, you must let the Borough know when you submit the payment. Customers can place bills in the red drop box directly in front of the Borough Municipal Building, mail their payments in, or go online to www.lewistownborough.com to pay their bills.
- The Borough is also temporarily discontinuing Refuse/Sewer late fees including termination fees/delinquent fees/and penalties until 10 business days after the declaration of emergency in effect is lifted.
- Borough council has also suspended the street sweeper tickets.
- At this time, the Borough Community Center will be closed until the mandate is lifted and the Borough will be refunding fees for any event closed due to this emergency. Please call us at (717) 994-4368 if you have any questions.
- In addition to this, the Tax Collector is collecting taxes remotely or by mailing the payments to 2 East Third Street, Lewistown, PA. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like a receipt. She can also be reached by calling (717) 248-8607 or (717) 953-1479 or by email at email@example.com.
We encourage everyone as a community to assist each other, and we will persevere through all of this!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at (717) 248-1361. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this challenging situation one day at a time to determine the best interest for our residents, employees, business owners, and visitors.
We will continue to assess the situation in our community and make changes as deemed necessary. For more information on the Coronavirus, go to CDC or PA Department of Health websites.
DECLARATION OF DISASTER EMERGENCY
The Borough of Lewistown’s Mayor has issued a Declaration of Disaster Emergency. Please see the links below for to view the Declaration.
Schedule of Council & Committee Meetings of the Borough of Lewistown
2020 Borough of Lewistown Council & Committee Meeting Schedule
2020 Borough of Lewistown Cost and Fee Schedule
2020 Cost and Fee Schedule
The Borough of Lewistown has changed our Community Center Rates for 2020 to be more competitive! Check us out by clicking on the link below or give us a call at (717) 994-4368 or (717) 248-3498 to schedule your special event!
Exploring PA Boroughs – Lewistown Borough
Our own Lewistown Borough was featured on “Exploring PA Boroughs”! Take a look at the past, present, and future of our wonderful borough.
The Borough of Lewistown will suspend street sweeping and maintenance parking regulations from November 22, 2019 through April 6, 2020 for Borough streets, with the exceptions of the following locations:
Chestnut Street – Five Points to Logan Street
Market Street – Grand Street to Five Points
Valley Street – Five Points to Third Street
Academy Hill – Entire Length
The Borough of Lewistown is seeking an individual to serve as an alternate delegate for the Tax Collection Committee. If interested please contact the Administration Offices at (717) 248-1361 or email us at email@example.com.
Requesting Right to Know information, click on the above link.
EARNED INCOME TAX INFORMATION
For questions on any earned income taxes, local services taxes, or delinquent per capita taxes, contact Keystone at 1-866-539-1100 (Dedicated for individual taxpayers). The link for Keystone’s is https://www.keystonecollects.com/.
Codes Office Accepting Credit Cards
The Codes Office is now accepting credit cards for payments of zoning and sidewalk/street occupancy permits and snow/ice tickets in the office and over the phone.
Effective immediately, the Borough of Lewistown requires that all residential trash be placed in bags with a refuse tag affixed. Any trash bags without tags will be tagged by refuse personnel and a fee will be added to your next refuse bill. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Refuse office at (717) 248-1331.
Also, Refuse/Sewer bills are due within 20 days after the date the bill is mailed. If the due date falls on a weekend, the bill will be due the following Monday. The 10 percent penalty will be added immediately after the due date. (See Ordinance 200-11A)
The Refuse/Sewer Office now accepts credit card payments over the phone as well as in the the office. We also have implemented automatic bill paying services. Please contact the Refuse office at (717) 248-1331 for more information.
The Borough of Lewistown has instituted a new rapid emergency notification service called SwiftReach. By registering, you’ll be added to the emergency call list. Borough of Lewistown residents are welcome and encouraged to enter their contact information for home, business, and mobile phones so they may be contacted by the system in the event of an emergency. Those who do not register their address and phone number may not be notified with SwiftReach in the case of an emergency. Registration is confidential, free, easy and will be for emergency notification only.